mobile
Parkchester apartment
Parkchester, Bronx, New York studio, 1, 2 & 3 Bedroom Apartments.

Let's ban Riverbay Co-op City Pet laws

Posted: Mar 04 2017 at 4:22am | Views: 632849
Norman: First of all, i have seen dog poop. I agree there is more goose poop, but i have seen dog poop on the Greenway and on sidewalks. I don't know what part of Co-op City you live in.

Second, dogs may be a great form of safety and company, but they are loud and some of their owners do not pick up their dog's defecation. And i have seen more young and middle-aged people with dogs than the elderly. Matter of fact, i volunteer at the JASA center on Dreiser Loop and i hear alot of the seniors complaining about the dogs You gotta realize that most of the seniors living in Co-op City have been here for decades if not when Co-op actually opened. I've been here since 1977 and i never heard seniors saying they need to let dogs in here. It's the new residents that wanted dogs. The Section 8 people that they are now letting up in here. What's next, pit bulls and rottweilers?

Norman
Norman
Guest Group
Guest Group
Posted: Feb 23 2017 at 7:13pm | Views: 632849
1. Ive lived here since birth and I NEVER see dog poop all I ever see is everloving geese poop
2. Dogs are a great form of safety and company especially for co-op's elderly citizens, in today's co-op city there is a lot more crime and harassment. Well trained dogs are great company for all residents

Section 1 Girl
Section 1 Girl
Guest Group
Guest Group
Posted: Dec 07 2016 at 4:45pm | Views: 632849
I believe we should be able to have dogs regardless of a disability or not. Co-op city in itself isn't what it used to be its no longer safe I as a young woman have had many encounters where I wish i had a dog. Peope seem to urinate outside and blame it on animals.i feel this rule is outdated and should no longer apply when twice a month the water is shut off there is no vermin regulation we hire and house people with a criminal record and ir sex offenders. My car was stolen from in front of my building! I was almost robbed. Dogs are the least of our problems

jackie
jackie
Guest Group
Guest Group
Posted: Nov 10 2015 at 8:23pm | Views: 632849
I can see service dogs but now everyone has a dog and there not service dogs they should have a tag and medical reason. I see more dogs than ever.

Apartments For Rent

Secton 2
Secton 2
Guest Group
Guest Group
Posted: Nov 01 2015 at 9:27pm | Views: 632849
Dogs are cute, however, it is plain unsanitary when people walk their dogs on the greenway and let them poop there. We have evening events where people normally spread their blanket and chairs on the greenway to which a movie outdoors on the big screen. Can you imagine the raw smell, maggots, botflys, and mess? I have already seen brown spots on the roadway, smelt rawness in the air near the grass and on more than one occasion saw an abandoned brown bag near a building filled with poop. Now service dogs are one thing, but what I see now is taking disadvantage of an ordinance that was made for the disabled, not for abled bodied people with made up mental disabilities. If they are not disabled, they need to find another type of pet.

Lar
Lar
Guest Group
Guest Group
Posted: Oct 30 2015 at 7:43pm | Views: 632849
Yes, we should ban the dogs that are not service dogs. Soon we will have pitbulls here and larger dogs. This was one of the reasons I moved into Co-Op years age.

Lastly, what is going on with all of the signage that states no dogs allowed unless they are service animals. Why is this not being enforced?

TARYN
TARYN
Guest Group
Guest Group
Posted: Oct 14 2015 at 5:45pm | Views: 632849
Coop city was one of many reason why I moved there,I no longer want to see animal feces and stepping any other waste left by animals . The owners are not going to clean up after their pets waste. they leave it behind , they want their pets but not the responsibility of cleaning it up. Even now people are too lazy to take their pets out so they have them do their business on the stair cases. NO I do not want any pets in Coop City. Most people have them illegally just because they can get away with it. Most and ,most of the people that have animals or pets do NOT have any medical condition.   So no do not ban the pet law , I do not want to step in any more crap!!!!!!.

Jen
Jen
Guest Group
Guest Group
Posted: Oct 14 2015 at 8:23am | Views: 632849
I love dogs I live here and so does my dog .. He's a support dog and if you don't bother him he will orbiters you he is approved 23 pounds

Rent a Co-op City studio, 1, 2 or 3 bedroom apartment

Page  of 3 Next >>
Name:
Enter your url path to your Gravatar. Get your Gravatar url
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code Load New Code

Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.
Your post will be publicly viewable.

Send to FacebookShare   PrintPrint   EmailEmail

Post a new topic in "Co-op City Discussion"

Most Recent Co-op City Posts
Write Your Post